Oats kvass - step by step recipes, benefits and harms
Oat kvass is an invigorating and refreshing drink with an unusual white color and an unusual taste. The product is used as a source of additional energy, energy boost and a cosmetic product that fights wrinkles. Oats kvass quenches thirst, is used for washing due to anti-aging properties.
How to make kvass from oats at home? For the manufacture of natural products and free time. Let's get started?
The classic recipe for oat kvass
I propose to cook kvass from oats according to an elementary, classic recipe. The minimum amount of ingredients is required, the preparation time for subsequent fermentation is a few minutes.IngredientsServings: - + 20
- water 4 l
- oats 300 g
- sugar 4 tbsp. l
- I am preparing a jar for fermentation. Thoroughly mine. I clean the oats from impurities, soak. Sorting again. I put it in a clean jar.
- I throw off sugar, add water. I cover the cooking tank with multilayer gauze or a towel.
- Leave kvass alone for 3-4 days. Cooking time (fermentation rate) depends on the temperature in the room.
- I don’t throw out the oatmeal mixture. Use in the following preparations, adding sugar. The finished product is bottled and sent to cool.
Useful advice! If you want to get oat kvass with a pronounced bright taste, you need to use the mixture several times. Just do not overdo it. The thickened fermented mixture will have to be discarded and start cooking again.
Raw Oats Kvass RecipeIngredients:
- Water - 3 liters,
- Oats (unpeeled) - 400 g,
- Fresh yeast - 20 g,
- Sugar - 150 g
- Raisins - 20 g.
- Sorting out oats, removing impurities. I pour the grains with warm water, stand for 2-3 minutes. I pour it into a sieve, put it under cold water. I rinse thoroughly. I shift the clean oats to the pan.
- Once again I check oats for impurities. If you do not remove them, the taste of kvass will deteriorate.
- I put sugar in the pan. I pour boiled water at room temperature (to sugar and oats), add dried grapes, yeast. I stir until the ingredients are completely dissolved.
- Everything that is contained in the pan is carefully poured into a jar. I cover the top with a towel or gauze. I leave in the kitchen for 2 days. In a couple of days, kvass will “reach” and be ready for use. Two signs will signal the readiness of kvass - slight foaming and the presence of bubbles.
- I bottled, carefully filtered. Expose in a cold place. For insisting I give another 24 hours. As a result, I get a tasty drink with a pleasant milky hue.
Useful advice! During cooking, you can refuse yeast. This will make the taste of kvass from oats softer. A recipe with yeast is more suitable for connoisseurs of a sparkling drink with speck.
Hercules Kvass RecipeIngredients:
- Water - 4 L
- Yeast - 15 g
- Oatmeal - 500 g
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- I take the pan. I pour out Hercules, pour cold water. I put it on the stove and bring it to a boil. I stir constantly. I cook for 20 minutes. Leave for a while.
- When the oatmeal has cooled, I add granulated sugar and yeast. Waiting for the kvass base to ferment. I leave the mixture in a warm place for 1 day.
- Oat kvass is "ripe"? Fine. I filter, pour into bottles. I put it in the refrigerator for storage.
We make coffee and oat kvass
Fresh ground coffee is not added to give a special taste, but to color the drink in a dark color. The rest of the recipe is classic, strictly complies with the unspoken norms and rules of kvassovar on oats at home.Ingredients:
- Water - 3 L
- Oats - 10 large spoons
- Sugar - 3 tablespoons,
- Honey - 1 large spoon,
- Raisins - 25 g
- Coffee - 1 teaspoon.
- Preparatory stage. I carefully sort and wash the oats. Be careful! The presence of impurities and spoiled grains will negatively affect the taste.
- I pour oats, pour water, add the rest of the ingredients. I put the jar in a hot place, preferably where the sun falls. The faster the water heats up, the earlier the natural fermentation process begins. When sunlight hits, I follow the kvass so that it "does not run away." I insist for 24 hours, removing from the sun.
- The first infusion will turn out without a pronounced taste, so I boldly pour it. Pour the swollen mixture again with water. Before repeating the cooking procedure, add sugar, honey, 6-8 pieces of raisins to the sourdough.
- The second infusion is for use. After 1-day fermentation, carefully filter, pour into banks.
Dried oat kvassIngredients:
- Water - 3 L
- Oats - 400 g
- Sugar - 3 large spoons
- Dried fruits - 30 g.
- Soak cereals several times, rinse in clean water. I carefully sort it out and pour it into a jar. I pour warm boiled water.
- Add sugar and dried fruits. The volume of ingredients used (prunes, dried apricots, raisins), their ratio depends on taste preferences.
- I disturb the contents in the bank. I cover with a towel on top. I let it brew for 3 days. It is advisable to set kvass in a warm place.
- The first batch is suitable for consumption. Dried fruits in the composition will brighten up the not very pleasant taste of the initial oat infusion, make it more saturated.
The benefits and harms of kvass from oats
Oats are an excellent anti-inflammatory agent that fits perfectly into the general kvass recipe. Oat drink is endowed with biologically active components, has tonic properties, quenches thirst well.
The main useful qualities of kvass from oatmeal are:
- improved hair growth;
- normalization of the functioning of the pancreas and gastrointestinal tract;
- general strengthening of immunity.
Doctors recommend drinking oat kvass with general weakness, sleep problems, and frequent overwork.
Harm and contraindications
The use is contraindicated in people with gastritis, ulcers, colitis, various liver diseases.
It is worth mentioning separately about the high nutritional value (calorie content) of tasty and fragrant kvass (about 300 kilocalories per 100 ml
) People suffering from excess weight should not abuse it and saturate the body with additional carbohydrates (albeit difficult), which, due to the nutritional value of oatmeal and sugar content, is a huge amount (about 70 grams per 100 ml of product).
- From the fabric to the water in the jar, it is necessary to maintain a distance of 4-5 cm.
- For a more thorough filtering, use multilayer gauze.
- Sugar in kvass, if desired, is replaced by honey (2: 1 ratio, that is, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar accounts for 1 tablespoon of honey).
- When fermenting, oats "walks" around the bank. Part of the flakes floats, another remains at the bottom, the third - in general, is in a state of weightlessness. This is a natural process. Do not be surprised when cooking and consider when transfusing.
Oat kvass is an excellent natural product, invigorating and refreshing. A drink made at home can not be compared with a purchased one (for example, phyto-kvass based on oatmeal) with different preservatives and an extended shelf life.