How to salt salmon caviar at home tasty and fast
How to salt salmon caviar at home tasty and fast? Simple enough. You will need to find out the general technology of salting, a few tricks and important points, which I will discuss in the article.
Pink salmon caviar is a popular delicacy of light orange hue and an excellent decoration of the festive table. The product is obtained from salmon fish. Caviar is rich in useful substances and minerals, grains of round shape and medium size.
Homemade pink salmon caviar is nutritious, healthy and tasty. A great alternative to the expensive counterpart from the store. The product will be a great addition to various snacks, sandwiches, profiteroles, tartlets, salad dressing (with salmon and butter, puff of seafood, olivier with chicken and shrimp), pancake filling.
Before revealing the secrets of salting at home, let's talk about the nutritional value of fish delicacy, useful properties for the human body, we will touch on the topic of cleaning red caviar from a pail (film).
The product is rich in animal protein (31 g per 100 g) and useful fish oil (about 12 g per 100 g). The calorific value of real granular pink salmon caviar is 230 kcal / 100 g. For comparison: artificial caviar is less nutritious. Calorie content of 100 g of simulated product is 64 kcal. Squirrel only 1 g.
The product obtained from salmon fish contains a huge amount of nutrients, including:
- sodium and others
Pink salmon caviar is rich in retinol and omega-3 unsaturated fatty acid, it contains vitamins of groups B, D and E. Vitamin A is a vital element for healthy hair and skin, the proper course of metabolic processes in the body and immunity stability. Omega-3 is a protector of the heart and blood vessels, strengthens bone tissue and joints, contributes to the proper functioning of the nervous system.
How to peel pink salmon caviar from a film at home
The ostrich is a thin, but strong shell, inside of which there are eggs. Caviar, peeled from the pouch before salting, is considered to be of the highest quality, looks aristocratic, tasty and not bitter.
There are the following ways to get rid of grains from the film:
I take 1 liter of clean filtered water, pour into a saucepan and add 30 g of salt. Bring to a boil. Leave to cool to 40-50 ° C. I drop the pink salmon roe in a pan in a pan. Gently and slowly stir with a whisk to knock down. As the rotation of the film is wound on a whisk. Delete if necessary. After separating the eggs from the hawk, I drain the brine through a colander. I remove the remaining parts of the film manually.
Quick manual way
I divide the yastik into several parts (no more than 6). Each piece is slowly and gently kneading. I’m not making great efforts not to accidentally crush the grains. With proper kneading, the eggs will separate from the films without any problems.
The cleaning method is effective for ripened caviar. The film in this case leaves quickly and easily. If the product is not ripe, the method is ineffective.
Using strainer and fork
In a pan with hot water (50-60 ° C) I lower a sieve with unpeeled eggs. For 5-10 seconds, I actively mix, gently picking up with a fork. The film is wound on a cutlery, and grains remain at the bottom of the sieve.
Do not overdo the pink salmon caviar in hot water! This will lead to hardening of the eggs.
With the use of salt water and boiling water
Pour the eggs with salt water at room temperature (for 1 liter I take 3 tablespoons of salt). Leave for 2 hours. Shifting in a colander. I doused with hot water. The film instantly coagulates. Gently remove the stitch and get peeled grains.
Thanks to the colander
I divide the stitch into several parts. I put it in a colander with medium-sized holes. Pour a little boiling water. Let the water drain. I quickly shake the colander so that the peeled pink salmon eggs fall through the holes. The film will remain in the cookware.
With a mixer
An effective way to clean large quantities of caviar in a short time. There is one important point: be careful not to damage the eggs.
I spread caviar in a basin. Add water, rinse thoroughly. I take a mixer (nozzle - whisk). I turn it on to medium power and lower it into a large tank. With careful stirring, part of the tongue will separate, the other will wind onto the nozzle. Turn off the mixer. I remove the remnants of the film manually. I carefully remove the eggs from the pelvis.
What to do if the integrity of the tongue is broken
If you came across fish roe with a damaged film, you must perform the following steps:
- Prepare a special solution (take 1 tablespoon of salt and a hill for 1 liter of water).
- Rinse with salted water.
- Carefully remove bursting grains without touching the whole. Upon contact with the solution, damaged eggs acquire a pronounced white color.
- Squeeze the hawk, extract the whole grains, passing through a colander or wire rack.
The classic recipe for salting caviar from pink salmon
Standard salting technology involves the preparation of a simple brine based on 3 components: water, salt and sugar.IngredientsServings: - + 10
- water 1 l
- caviar 400 g
- rock salt 2 tbsp. l
- sugar 1 tsp
- Take a deep pan. I pour water, pour sugar, add salt.
- I put the capacity on the stove. I bring the brine to a boil, gently stir. I take off the burner. Leave to cool to a temperature of 40-50 ° C.
- I shift the pre-cleaned eggs into the pan. I add 15 minutes to get a lightly salted product. If you prefer a more pronounced salty taste, hold for another 30 minutes.
- Gently drain the brine.
The easiest and fastest recipe
An express recipe will be ready in 5 hours. Shelf life is 2 days. Eat on health!Ingredients:
- Caviar - 500 g;
- Sugar - 1 small spoon;
- Salt - 2 teaspoons.
- Gently clean the pink salmon caviar from the film. Spread on a large plate.
- I put salt and sugar. Mix very carefully and slowly, without violating the integrity of the grains.
- I close the plate, pressing on top with additional weight. I use a mug of water.
- After 5 hours of salting, the caviar is ready for use.
Sandwich with vegetable oil for sandwiches
- Red salmon caviar - 100 g;
- Sugar - 5 g;
- Salt - 5 g;
- Vegetable oil - half a teaspoon.
- I take caviar from pink salmon. After the successful procedure for separating the films, I transfer them to a sieve. I rinse under minimal pressure of cold water. Due to rinsing, part of the eggs will brighten. Do not worry, at the end of cooking, the grains will return to their original color.
- I transfer the washed and peeled grains to a jar.
- Add sugar, salt and half a small spoonful of vegetable oil. I close the jar with a lid and send it to the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
- In the morning I use a homemade product to spread on bread and get delicious and nutritious butter sandwiches.
How to salt royal caviar with cream and onionsIngredients:
- Caviar - 200 g;
- Onion - 1 head of a small size;
- Fresh cream (medium fat, 20%) - 25 g;
- Coarse salt - 1 teaspoon;
- Ground pepper - to taste.
- Thoroughly rinse the eggs and remove the film. I put it in a deep bowl.
- Finely chop the onion. Sending to the grains.
- Sprinkle with salt and ground pepper. Gently rub the spices into the pink salmon caviar.
- Slowly and evenly pour cream on top. Mix with a spoon, without damaging the grains.
- Add salt at the end.
- I cover the dishes. Leave for an hour. Spread in a jar.
The dish will be a great addition to sandwiches. Sprinkle a little appetizer with a fish delicacy in a little sunflower oil and vinegar.
How to salt salmon caviar for long-term storage
- Water - 3 L;
- Caviar - 1 kg;
- Salt - 1 kg;
- Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons.
- I'm cooking pickle. I take a large pot. I pour water and put it on the stove. Before boiling, add salt.
- The ratio is 3 to 1. I bring to a boil. I remove from the stove and leave to cool.
- Spread caviar in brine. Depending on the degree of salinity, leave for 10-25 minutes.
- I drain the water using a plastic sieve. Not shaking much so as not to hurt. I wait until the water drains.
- I put caviar on paper towels. I leave for several hours to dry.
- I grease the salted dish with vegetable oil. Sending to banks. I cover with oiled paper on top (special cooking paper or make from a standard blank A4 sheet). I close the lids.
Delicious homemade caviar for long-term storage in the refrigerator is ready!
Express salting with lemon juice and herbsIngredients:
- Caviar - 500 g;
- Salt - 1 tablespoon;
- Vegetable oil - 100 g;
- Lemon - 1 little thing;
- Ground white pepper - half a teaspoon;
- Greens to taste.
- I spread the peeled caviar in a large plate.
- Pour salt, pepper. I pour oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cover with a lid and send to the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- I serve a delicious delicacy on the table, sprinkled with fresh chopped herbs.
White pepper, unlike black, has a delicate taste and delicate aroma. It is found in whole form (peas) and powdery (with a hammer). In the absence of white pepper or the desire to experiment, replace with ordinary black.
How to salt trout caviar at home
The salting of trout and pink salmon caviar is almost identical. You can use a standard saline solution or a dry method. Pre-clean the eggs from the film.
I offer a salting recipe based on artificial brine (saline) with sea salt.Ingredients:
- Water - 1 L;
- Sea salt - 50 g;
- Sugar - 100 g;
- Trout caviar - 400 g.
- I prepare a brine from water, sugar and sea salt. I bring to a boil and leave to cool.
- I transfer and cleaned trout eggs to a room temperature saline solution.
- I keep in the water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the brine using a strainer. I shift it to the dishes and send it to the refrigerator for 3 hours, tightly closing the lid.
Homemade pink salmon caviar is a healthy and tasty product. To preserve the taste and useful properties, observe the rules of storage.
- Caviar is best placed in glass jars. Do not store your home product in metal containers or plastic containers. The taste will go bad.
- Do not freeze. In the process of freezing, pink salmon caviar will lose its taste and most of its nutrients.
- The optimum storage temperature for fish delicacies is from -2 ° C to -6 ° C.
- Storage time with standard salting - no more than 2 days.