How to cook tacos at home - 5 recipes and video instructions
There are many culinary masterpieces representing "stuffed bread". In our country, shawarma is in first place in popularity. The composition of this representative of oriental cuisine includes pita bread, minced fried meat, spices, sauces, fresh vegetables. In the article, we’ll talk about Mexican exotics - tacos, recipes and cooking methods.
Tacos - a half-closed type sandwich, rolled into a tube tortilla, inside which there is meat, cheese, greens, onions, pepper. Seasonings and sauces are a part.
It’s not necessary to be a kitchen genius for cooking. The main thing is to find all the ingredients.
Classic taco recipe
IngredientsServings: - + 4
- corn tortillas 8 pcs
- meat (beef, pork, chicken) 300 g
- pepper 1 pc
- onion 1 pc
- tomato 1 pc
- parsley 1 bunch
- olive oil 1 tbsp. l
- spicy sauce to taste
- wine vinegar 1 tbsp. l
- sugar 1 tsp
- black pepper 1 tsp
- salt 1 tsp
- chilli 1 tsp
- Chop the onion into strips, add a little wine vinegar, and pickle.
- Add chopped greens, black pepper, sugar, salt to the onion. Mix.
- Wash the tomato and pepper, remove the seeds, cut into tiny pieces.
- Pass the meat through a meat grinder, fry in olive oil for five minutes. Then add pepper, tomato, salt, chili powder and a little water.
- Simmer the resulting mixture under a lid until moisture evaporates. When the stuffing is prepared, move to a deep bowl and let cool.
- Put a few scoops of minced meat, a spoonful of onions with herbs and a little hot sauce on the tortilla.
- Bend the cake in half. Make sure that the filling is evenly distributed. It remains to decorate with herbs and tacos are ready.
If the family wants something new, prepare a Mexican taco. If there are children, reduce the amount of spicy ingredients.
3 homemade tacos recipes
Tacos - Mexican treat. Everyone who was lucky enough to visit Mexico tasted the chic taste of this dish. In the native land, not every cafeteria will manage to order it, it’s easier to cook tacos at home. It is prepared as simply as a beef heart or meatballs.
- Pour 50 g of kefir into a large bowl, add a little soda and salt. Pour 50 g of flour into the dishes, knead the dough. This is enough to prepare 4 servings.
- Divide the dough into four parts and roll each piece well.
- Fry the resulting cakes on both sides. The appearance of bubbles is the first sign of readiness.
The basis for tacos is ready. Let's talk about the stuffing. I offer several options.
- salmon fillet - 2 pcs.
- olive oil - 1 spoon
- salt and pepper
- canned corn - 1.5 cups
- cherry tomatoes - 1 cup
- black beans - 0.5 cups
- carrot - 1 pc.
- chopped red onions - 0.25 cups
- salsa - 0.5 cups
- Cooking the sauce. Mix in one dish all the ingredients listed above.
- Grease the fish fillet and sprinkle with spices. Fry fish on both sides. It will take no more than 10 minutes.
- Grind the cooled fish fillet using an ordinary fork.
- Put some fried fish on the tortilla and pour the sauce over it. It remains to fold in half.
- turkey - 0.5 kg
- chopped onions - 30 g
- cakes - 10 pcs.
- ground chili and paprika
- salt, oregano, ground pepper and garlic powder.
- tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- cheddar cheese - 150 g
- green salad - 750 g.
- Cook the filling. Grind all specified ingredients and mix well.
- Fry the meat in a pan, then add the onion, ground chili, paprika, salt, oregano, ground pepper and garlic powder. Put out until tender. As a result, the contents of the pan will receive a pink tint.
- Put the filling on the cakes and pour the sauce. Fold in half.
- minced meat - 700 g
- onion - 1 pc.
- garlic - 1 clove
- tomato sauce - 100 g
- salt, caraway seeds, pepper.
- Stuffing, stirring occasionally, fry in a pan. Large lumps crush with a spatula.
- Drain excess fat, add a little chopped garlic and chopped onion to the minced meat.
- Fry until the ingredients are soft. Next, add minced tomato sauce, salt, caraway seeds, pepper. Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Put the resulting filling on flat cakes and fold in half.
- Serve a culinary masterpiece with sour cream, tomatoes, cheese and salad.
Preparing tacos at home is easy. Which option to give preference, you decide. We'll have to try all three, then it becomes clear. Dishes prepared according to these recipes can be included in absentia in the New Year's menu.
Video recipe with chicken
Great spaghetti tacos recipe
The taco has a long history, because it appeared before the Europeans came to Mexico. The composition of the appetizer includes corn tortillas and various fillings: minced meat, seafood, pieces of sausage, beans, salad, onion.
Taco with spaghetti is a savory appetizer, the composition includes Bolognese sauce, without which it is difficult to imagine Italian pasta.Ingredients:
- cornmeal - 1.5 cups
- eggs - 1 pc.
- water - 1.5 cups
- vegetable oil - 200 ml
- garlic - 2 cloves
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- butter - 25 g
- onion - 1 pc.
- carrot - 1 pc.
- celery - 1 pc.
- bacon - 85 g
- milk - 300 ml.
- dry wine - 300 ml.
- tomato paste - 50 g
- spaghetti - 400 g
- spicy herbs - 2 hours. Spoons
- greens - 1 bunch
- canned tomatoes - 100 g
- Flatbread. Pour flour into a bowl, beat in an egg, add a little salt. While adding water, mix the dough slowly with a spoon.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a pan and bake a cake. With the remaining test, do the same.
- While preparing one cake, mix the dough. Cornmeal quickly settles to the bottom.
- Fold the finished cakes in half and fasten the edges with a skewer.
- Taco is golden in color, which means that the cakes should be fried.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry all the cakes on both sides after boiling. Hold with a fork and fry one cake for no more than 30 seconds.
- Put the fried cakes on a napkin.
- Sauce blank. Finely chop the onion, celery and carrots to pass through the grater. Peel and crush the garlic with a knife.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, 0.5 cm wide.
- Pour half the oil into a deep container, add butter, put on a stove to heat.
- Add vegetables, bacon, garlic. Fry for 10 minutes. During this time, the vegetables will soften.
- Add minced meat and fry, stirring with a spoon.
- Dressing sauce. Pour milk into a skillet with prepared minced meat and simmer for 15 minutes over high heat.
- Pour in the wine and simmer for about a quarter of an hour.
- Send tomato paste with canned tomatoes to the pan. Bring the resulting mass to a boil, crush the tomatoes with a spoon, add herbs, pepper, salt. Put out.
- Sauce stew. The bolognese sauce is stewed for about 4 hours. It is enough to put out about 2 hours for our dish.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid, leaving a small gap, put on a small fire. The sauce is recommended to stir once every 20 minutes.
- Remove the finished sauce from the stove, completely close the lid, put on the infuse. 40 minutes is enough.
- Cooking spaghetti. Pour about a half liter of water into a large pot, put on the stove. After boiling water, add a little salt and olive oil to the pan.
- Dip spaghetti in boiling water, holding a fan. Pasta is boiled for about 10 minutes. Stir at the beginning of cooking.
- Ready spaghetti to throw in a colander. Do not rinse. When the water drains, mix the spaghetti with the finished sauce.
- Taco filling. Fill the cakes with the previously prepared filling. Two spoons of filling are enough for one cake.
- Put the prepared tacos on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 5 minutes. The temperature is 120 degrees. The dish is ready.
Cooking a dish according to this recipe will require a lot of time. But, the result is worth it. To simplify the cooking process, check out a few tips.
Useful tips and instructions
- The sauce will turn out more delicious if it stays in the refrigerator for about a day. You can store about 3 days. The use of a freezer increases the period to 3 months.
- When preparing the sauce, pour milk first, then add wine. As a result, the sauce will acquire a creamy aftertaste.
- Bake cakes from finely ground flour. As a result, they will not turn out friable and brittle.
- Sprinkle with cheese before baking in the oven. The dish will become more beautiful and aromatic.
Of course, people who visit Mexico often can enjoy a dish prepared by real masters. If you are not one of them, make tacos at home. It will be a great appetizer, with notes of Mexican cuisine. Good luck in the kitchen!