Generosity of taste or how to make acchma from pita bread
Achma in cooking is a dish made of thin pita bread with layers of cheese. It is a beautiful looking and hearty cake. Salty varieties are used for the filling, while the dough itself is fresh, mostly jar. Making a meal does not require great culinary skills, but there are some secrets that the hostess must take into account.
Common to all types of acma
There are many types of acchma with different fillings and pita bread. Pita bread can be bought ready, then you can cook a variety of lazy achma. And you can bake the dough at home.
The best recipe for homemade pita bread
To prepare thin pita bread you will need: a large round frying pan or baking sheet, a glass bowl for kneading dough, a small pan, two moistened towels, flour for sprinkling.Ingredients:
- fine flour - 340 g;
- 1 cup of water - 180-200 ml;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil to lubricate the product.
- Put the flour in a bowl, making a depression in the middle. If the flour is not finely ground, pre-sift through a sieve.
- In a prepared pan, pour a glass of water, put a spoonful of salt. Bring water to a boil.
- Pour hot water into a depression in the flour. Mix everything quickly with a wooden spoon.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to the mixture, mix.
- Put the warm mixture from a bowl on a cutting table, sprinkled with flour. Keep kneading for 10-15 minutes until a homogeneous and elastic mass is obtained. Try not to add flour, otherwise the pita bread will turn out rough and will roll badly. The result is an elastic and soft dough that lags behind the hands and the table.
- Cover it with a napkin, leave it to rest for forty minutes.
- Then divide into six to seven balls, roll into thin and large pancakes. The size of the pita bread should be twice the size of the baking sheet or dishes, in which you will subsequently bake achma.
- Heat the pan. Bake on both sides without adding oil. To prevent flour from dusting, lay the finished rolled pita bread with a damp towel, then it will settle on it and will not burn. After laying out in a pan for baking.
- Fold the finished pita bread on a large dish, covering it with a second wet towel. Then they will not dry, and will retain their taste for a long time.
The cakes prepared in this way can be stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag. In addition to achma, pita bread can be used to make rolls or sandwiches.
If you decide not to cook for the future, but use it right away for the pie, then bake two rolled pita bread in a pan. They must be used when laying the first and last layer of the dish. Weld the rest of the rolled dough. To do this, dip the raw pancake in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, depending on the thickness. Remove from water, cool and use to create layers of cheese or other fillings.Video recipeIMPORTANT! Yeast and eggs are never laid in high-quality dough, so the product is safe for health, suitable for any diet, tastes good and is stored in a refrigerator in a closed plastic bag for a long time.
Cook in a hot, but not hot pan, remove excess flour with a damp cloth. Do not add oil when frying!
For the layer, you can use various fillings: cheese, cottage cheese, herbs, meat and vegetables. I will list some tips that can be used in the manufacture of the filling:
- Use at least two types of cheese - hard and soft Suluguni. Soft is good for inner layers, cut it into pieces before bookmarking. With grated cheese, decorate the top of the pie.
- In the curd filling, use soft curd. Add two tablespoons of heavy cream and soda to the tip of the knife. This technique will make the filling airy. Cottage cheese can be salted or sweetened to taste. It all depends on whether you want to bake a sweet or salty cake.
Achma from pita bread is prepared with a large pie; when served, it is cut into portioned portions.
Nutritional value and calorie content per 100 grams
|Proteins, g||Fats, g||Carbohydrates, g||Calories, kcal|
Achma from homemade pita bread with cottage cheese and cheese in the oven
The dish recalls the taste of khachapuri. It is perfect for Sunday lunch, energize for the whole day. It is prepared from thin pita bread stuffed with cottage cheese and cheese.
You will need: a bowl for preparing cottage cheese, a container for mixing, a deep baking dish in the oven, a cooking brush for oil. For the basics, prepare 3 pita bread using the home recipe that I wrote about above.Ingredients for the filling:
- 250 g of fatty cottage cheese;
- 200 g of cheese Suluguni;
- 50 g of grated Mozzarella;
- ⅔ cup kefir;
- 1 egg
- 40 g butter or heavy cream;
- cilantro, paprika - 1 teaspoon each;
- 1 tsp salt.
- Rub the cottage cheese through a sieve until smooth. For a gentle texture, add 20 g of oil or 2-3 tablespoons of thick cream. Add a pinch of cilantro, paprika and salt. Mix everything until smooth.
- Crush the Suluguni into small pieces and divide into two parts.
- Beat the egg with a whisk, fill in the kefir, and salt lightly.
- Put the prepared pita bread in a deep baking dish, pre-greased with a small amount of oil. Lay the pita bread flat on the bottom, making the base of the pie so that the edges hang freely.
- Soak the cake with a kefir mixture using a brush.
- Take the third part of the curd mass, place it exactly on the pita.
- Smear the second sheet with oil, lay on the cottage cheese, soak the kefir mixture on top.
- Lay out part of the prepared and crushed Suluguni cheese.
- Grease the third sheet with butter, put on top on the cheese. Soak with kefir mixture. Put the second part of the cottage cheese on top.
- Then wrap the hanging edges in an envelope. Lubricate the curved edges with kefir mixture, and lay the remaining Suluguni on top.
- We add the edges of the pita bread from other sides, saturate with kefir, spread the remaining cottage cheese.
- Close the pie with the bottom sheet of pita bread on all sides with a tight envelope. Pour the rest of the kefir mixture on top, put the rest of the cottage cheese and cheese.
- We send it to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 15-20 minutes. Five minutes before the end of baking, we take out a dish, sprinkle with grated hard cheese on top, decorate with nuts. Put back and bake another five minutes.
A dish of homemade pita bread with cottage cheese and cheese looks appetizing and festive. It will only take a hostess a little time to prepare the foundation, but the efforts will be paid off by the gratitude of loved ones, because nothing improves the taste of the dish as much as emotional relations in the family. Please relatives!
Lazy Achma with purchased pita cheese
If there is absolutely no time to prepare homemade pita bread, you can bake a wonderful pie from the purchased. This option is done quickly, and for the manufacture it is necessary to focus only on the fillings.
Lazy Achma is usually made from two types of cheese. You can use both different varieties of Suluguni, and add more hard cheese, which melts longer. Required: a deep container for baking, a bowl for mixing fillings, a pan for melting butter, a culinary brush. The amount of the finished product is designed for 8 servings.Ingredients:
- 300 grams of brine cheese type Suluguni;
- 150 grams of hard cheese;
- 4 eggs;
- 5 tablespoons of sour cream;
- 80 g of butter;
- 2 ready-made pita breads;
- a pinch of finely chopped (frozen) greens - parsley, cilantro, dill.
- Suluguni cheese crumble or cut into small pieces. Hard variety to grate or use its preparation.
- Put both cheeses in a bowl, leaving ⅓ of the hard cake topping.
- Pour sour cream into the cheese filling, eggs, greens, mix everything.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then use to soak the pita bread.
- Take a cake mold, put pita bread in it so that it lies flat on the bottom, and hangs on the edges of the mold.
- Lubricate the cake with melted butter.
- Put ⅓ of the cheese mixture, smooth over the entire cake.
- Put the second pancake on the cheese, grease with oil, put the next part of the cheese filling.
- Fold the hanging edges on the left and right with the envelope on the filling. Lubricate with oil.
- Spread the filling on the pita, covering with the following edges. The last layer of the filling should be closed in the form of an envelope.
- Lubricate the top with butter, put the remaining filling, sprinkle with grated cheese of hard varieties on top.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, put the prepared pie. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
The lazy achma dish is done! Top can be decorated with spicy ground herbs. Bon Appetit!TIP! Various dried and spicy herbs are suitable for the aroma: cilantro, basil, anise. By the way, anise gives the eastern dish an extraordinary freshness and aroma.
Georgian lavash acma recipe in Georgian
A dish with an unusual taste and light spiciness, which is prepared from fresh dough. As a filling, feta cheese is used, a lot of greens, a little hot pepper.Ingredients:
- 400 g flour, a glass of water;
- 1 tsp salts;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 70 g of butter;
- 300 g of feta cheese;
- spicy greens, ground red pepper.
- Knead the dough. Pour flour into a bowl (you can sift it). Dissolve the salt in water. In the flour, make a depression, pour water into it. Wait until it swells and soaks in water, knead soft dough. Add vegetable oil in parts, continuing to knead for 7-10 minutes. The finished dough is very elastic, easily lags behind the hands and form.
- Divide the dough into 7 parts. Roll each part into a thin sheet approximately 2 mm thick.
- Grated feta cheese on a coarse grater, mix with herbs and pepper.
- Place the first layer of rolled dough in a deep baking dish. The edges of the dough hang down, they form the top of the pie.
- Lubricate with melted butter. Spread the prepared feta cheese in a thick layer.
- Boil the rest of the dough in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes, then remove from the water with a slotted spoon, lay it on a towel to dry.
- On the first layer of the filling, put boiled pita bread, grease with oil, sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue until all layers are laid. Lay the hanging edges in the form of an envelope on top of the last layer of the filling. Grease the top with butter.
- Bake in the oven at 190 degrees for 30 minutes.
- When the achma cools slightly, cut into portions, serve warm.
A unique pie is ready!TIP! The dish goes well with a homemade kefir drink. To make it, you need fat-free kefir 1 liter, 2 tsp. salt, three cloves of garlic. Crush garlic and salt in a mortar, mix with kefir. If kefir is too fat, dilute with boiled water. Georgian-style acma drink is ready!
A simple recipe in a multicooker
If you don’t have an oven at home, but you want to try this Georgian, multi-layer dish, you can use the multicooker. Such a pie is prepared from ready-made thin pita bread stuffed with cheese.Ingredients:
- 5-6 thin pita breads;
- 300 g soft cheese Suluguni;
- 300 ml of kefir;
- 2 eggs;
- 50 g of butter.
- Grate cheese on a coarse grater or cut into pieces, greasing a knife with butter. You can crush it with your hands.
- Pour kefir into a bowl, mix with two eggs, salt, add greens to taste: parsley, cilantro. Greens should be finely chopped, add no more than 1 teaspoon.
- Melt the butter.
- In the prepared form (silicone for baking, or prepared from foil), lay the pita bread, straightening the form exactly on the bottom, the edges of the pita bread hang freely.
- Lubricate the cake with butter, put the first layer of cheese.
- Put the following pita bread on the filling, grease with oil and cover with the filling.
- Repeat the action until the filling is over. Cover the top layer of the filling with the hanging edges in the form of an envelope.
- Grease the surface of the pie with butter
- Put the cake pan in the multicooker, set the mode to “bake 1 hour”. The equipment will inform about readiness by a sound signal.
The delicious dish is ready! Indulge yourself and guests with an acma from a multicooker, this cake is very tasty and looks beautiful on the table.TIP! garnish with sesame seeds and nuts. To do this, sesame and ground nuts, pre-fry until golden brown. Nuts and seeds are not only good for health, but also give a harmonious and refined taste.
Do not be afraid to experiment!Video recipe
Familiarity with the preparation of Georgian national dishes, reminiscent of the famous khachapuri, will benefit both you and your family. Achma from pita bread is easy to prepare, does not require large expenditures of money, time and effort. Any housewife will be able to cook this multi-layer cake and please the family.