How to fry potatoes with a crust and onions - step by step recipes
Fried potatoes, despite the calorie content, is considered the favorite food of many people. It is served as a main course and is used as a side dish. And although many people know how to cook potatoes, I will tell you how to fry potatoes in a pan with a crust and onions.
The highlight of properly fried potatoes is a delicious and mouth-watering crust. Not every chef can get it under the force, since making potatoes crispy and rosy is not so simple. To get the result, you must follow the rules during preparation and frying. I have good advice on this. I recommend that you familiarize yourself with them.
- Cut the potatoes into slices, sticks, slices, straws or cubes. Before cooking, I advise you to soak it in clean water. This will increase the chances of getting a beautiful and crisp. Just keep in mind that in this case, most of the nutrients will be lost.
- Put the potatoes only in a skillet with boiling oil. And the thickness of a uniform layer of potatoes should not exceed five centimeters. Do not salt during cooking, as potatoes absorb a lot of fat. Perfect the taste of the dish before serving.
- To get crispy potatoes, first fry over high, and then over moderate heat. In no case do not cover the pan with a lid, otherwise the result will be stewed potatoes, and to make the dish brown, sprinkle with flour a little.
- Do not stir potatoes often during frying. For this purpose, use a plastic or wooden spatula. Immerse it in potatoes and slightly lift the bottom layer. Do not make any chaotic movements.
Typically, refined vegetable oil is used to make chips. But you can cook the dish in butter. Only to get a delicate and fragrant potato in this case you will have to constantly monitor it so as not to burn. If you are not afraid to spoil the figure, feel free to use animal fat or bacon. The result will be amazing.
As for calorie content, it will reach outrageous indicators. The calorie content of fried potatoes is 320 kcal per 100 grams.
Classic recipe for fried potatoes in a pan
IngredientsServings: - + 4
- potatoes 8 pcs
- vegetable oil 4 tbsp. l
- salt to taste
- Cut the peeled and washed potatoes into 3 mm thick slices. Then put in a skillet with hot oil and evenly distribute.
- Fry for about fifteen minutes until tender. Flip only once. Do this after the potato is browned on one side.
- At the end of frying, put the potatoes on a paper napkin to stack excess fat. Salt, garnish with chopped herbs and send to the table.
Despite the apparent simplicity, not every novice cook can cook crispy and roasted potatoes the first time. It is possible to achieve the result only with practice. So if the first attempt fails, do not give up and practice. This is the secret of success.
The most popular potato recipes
Potato is a universal product. If you think that frying is the only way to cook, you are mistaken. It is boiled, steamed, baked in the oven, added to the salad, used as a filling for the pie. The most daring cooks make vodka from potatoes.
The bulk of the proteins, vitamins and minerals that potatoes are rich in is contained in the cambium layer. Therefore, it is recommended to cut the peel thinly, otherwise the lion's share of substances valuable to the human body will be lost.
Vegetables and greens are combined with potatoes. Often served to the table, accompanied by various pickles, sauerkraut or pickled mushrooms. But there are products with which it is not recommended to use it. It is about milk, sugar and fruit.
Consider the popular and delicious step-by-step recipes from potatoes, and you will get the opportunity to see this.
Stuffed potatoes - a beautiful dish that is suitable for everyday feast, and looks on the festive table. As a filling, I use fish, various meats, mushrooms or vegetables. You can take the filling as you wish.Ingredients:
- Potato - 12 pcs.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Wheat flour - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Sour cream - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Pork - 400 g.
- Meat broth - 500 ml.
- Salt and pepper.
- Chop the onion in small cubes and fry in oil until golden. Twice pork through a meat grinder, add onions, salt, sprinkle with pepper and mix.
- At the peeled potato, cut off the top and with a knife or spoon remove the core. So that during baking it does not fall apart, the wall thickness should be within one centimeter. The resulting mixture fill the potatoes.
- Fry the grated carrots in oil until soft. In a separate frying pan without adding oil, fry the flour until a creamy tint is obtained. Add the broth to the flour, stir, put the carrots with sour cream and tomato paste and mix.
- Put the prepared potatoes on an oil-baking tray and pour the sauce. It remains to send the dish to the oven. At a temperature of two hundred degrees, bake for about an hour.
When I first prepared this masterpiece, the family was delighted. Since then, I periodically prepare delicacies to satisfy the culinary needs of households. I hope the treat will leave the same impression on your family members.
This culinary masterpiece is truly outstanding. I’ll tell about him.Ingredients:
- Potato - 1 kg.
- Minced pork - 500 g.
- Onion - 2 heads.
- Carrot - 2 pcs.
- Mushrooms - 300 g.
- Cream cheese - 200 g.
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Universal seasoning, pepper, salt.
- Boil the peeled potatoes until cooked. Chop the onion, pass the carrots through a medium grater. Fry the prepared vegetables in oil until half ready together with chopped mushrooms.
- Add the minced meat to the pan, stir and fry until cooked. At the very end, season the contents of the pan with salt, pepper and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Pass the boiled potatoes through a coarse grater, and beat the eggs with the addition of salt.
- At the bottom of the mold lay half the potatoes, spread half the cheese on top, and then the whole filling. Pour everything in half the egg mass, lay out the remaining ingredients and fill with eggs.
- Send the foil-covered dish to the oven. At 180 degrees, the casserole is cooked for about twenty minutes. Serve to the table I advise in combination with pickles or sour cream.
There is no doubt that the dish is prepared in an elementary way. To make the refinement beautiful, decorate with fresh sprigs of fresh herbs and figures of fresh vegetables before serving.
New Year's holidays are already at hand. If you are preparing a New Year’s menu, include this recipe. All guests will be delighted with the masterpiece.
Baked potato with vegetables
I offer a vegetarian recipe - baked potatoes with vegetables. Although it does not contain meat products, the dish is hearty and tasty, and it can be served separately or as an addition to fish or meat.Ingredients:
- Potato - 500 g.
- Bell pepper - 2 pcs.
- Onion - 1 head.
- Eggplant - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 3 cloves.
- Olive oil - 0.33 cups.
- Table vinegar - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Pepper, salt, ground oregano, basil.
- Pour over the prescribed vegetables in cold water. Peel and chop the potatoes in thick circles. In eggplant, remove the stalk, in pepper seeds. Cut them coarsely.
- Prepare the form. I advise you to use a wide and deep container so that the vegetables are half full. In a small form, stirring vegetables is inconvenient. Put potatoes on the bottom of a greased dish.
- Put onion, pepper and eggplant on top. If desired, pre-fry the onions. As for other vegetables, they are used raw.
- In a deep bowl, mix dried herbs, add salt, olive oil and vinegar, pepper and whisk. Pour vegetables into the resulting mass. It is important that the dressing evenly covers everything.
- Send the form with vegetables to the oven for twenty minutes. The temperature is 200 degrees. After the time has passed, mix the contents of the form and continue cooking, reducing the temperature to 170 degrees. After 40 minutes, take out the dish.
If the family does not adhere to a vegetarian way of eating, this delicacy will surely appeal. In addition, if you wish, you can always supplement it with baked lamb or diet rabbit.
Stewed potatoes with mushrooms
The next recipe is stewed potatoes with mushrooms. For cooking, take your favorite mushrooms. Suitable and canned, and frozen, and fresh. This will not affect the result.Ingredients:
- Potato - 1.5 kg.
- Mushrooms - 350 g.
- Onion - 2 heads.
- Carrot - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 3 cloves.
- Oil, laurel, salt, pepper.
- Cut the peeled and washed potatoes into medium slices, put in a saucepan and fill with water. Place the container on the stove
- While the main ingredient is being cooked, wash the mushrooms, dry and chop in small pieces. Pass the carrots through a coarse grater, and chop the onion into cubes.
- In hot oil, first fry the onion, then add the carrots, mix and fry together. At the very end, send mushrooms to the pan and fry until the moisture evaporates. At this stage, salt and sprinkle the contents with pepper.
- After boiling water, put a few leaves of bay leaf and garlic passed through a press into the pan. When the potatoes become soft, add the mushrooms fried with onions and carrots and mix. Stew the dish under the lid until cooked. Stir the contents of the pan.
Such stewed potatoes are combined with various additions, including salted salmon, vegetable salads, cold cuts or regular kefir. She will appreciate the excellent mushroom aroma and spicy taste.
It is not known who invented potato pancakes. Some say that Belarus is the birthplace of the dish. Ukrainian cooks unanimously declare that a masterpiece has been created in their country. This is not so important. The main thing is that, contrary to simplicity, the dish is really tasty.
If you have not had to cook them before, I suggest the simplest recipe. With it, you will make rosy, crunchy and mouth-watering pancakes, combined with sour cream.Ingredients:
- Potato - 4 pcs.
- Flour - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Pass the washed and peeled potatoes through a meat grinder or a fine grater. Add flour with eggs and salt. Mix everything. The main thing is that there are no lumps in the mass.
- In a suitable pan, heat the vegetable oil and lay the potato mass with a spoon. When the pancakes are fried on one side, turn over. Since everything happens quickly, I do not recommend moving away from the stove.
Despite the enviable simplicity, the dish will repulse intricate croutons or primitive pizza, especially if served in combination with a sauce, which includes sour cream and herbs.
Potato Origin History
At the end of the article you will find a fascinating history lesson. On which of the continents a person first discovered potatoes, is unknown. The area of its growth is considered South America. The vegetable began to spread from Peru. Such assumptions have been made by historians.
Ancient people, searching for an alternative way to get food, found tubers of wild potatoes in the ground.
The ancient Indians living in South America prepared potatoes in a variety of ways. But the favorite was a dish reminiscent of chips. It was stored for a long time and satisfying hunger.
In Europe, the vegetable appeared in 1565. The Spanish king Philip 2 ordered to deliver the plant to the palace. Despite this, the vegetable was not immediately recognized. At first, potatoes were not grown properly due to a lack of experience and knowledge. Even the Europeans tried to eat unripe tubers, poisonous fruits and tops, which led to poisoning and health problems.
And although people rebelled against the use of potatoes, European kings did everything possible to spread the plant, trying to solve the problem of hunger. In the middle of the seventeenth century, the vegetable gained popularity and acquired the status of the main European agricultural crop.
In Russia, potatoes appeared at the end of the seventeenth century. During a visit to the Netherlands, Peter I became interested in this outlandish vegetable and took it with him. Initially, in Russia, the plant was considered a curiosity and exotic. At balls and receptions served to the table as an overseas treat, seasoning with sugar.
In the mid-nineteenth century, the country's leadership began to distribute instructions for growing and eating potatoes. As a result, the vegetable was grown on a large scale, eaten, given to livestock as feed, processed into alcohol and starch.