How to cook pumpkin porridge with rice and millet
Pumpkin is the undisputed leader among vegetables in terms of the amount of nutrients. This product found application in cooking, and in a diet it was allocated a place. I will tell you how to cook pumpkin porridge with rice and millet in milk.
Each housewife cooks porridge at home using its technology. Some recipes include preliminary boiling of pumpkin, from which later mashed potatoes are made. Others come down to making porridge in a pot. Regardless of the type of processing, a lot of useful substances are stored in the pumpkin.
Cooking is better from nutmeg varieties of vegetables. This helps to cook porridge, which is delicious in any form. It is prepared both from vegetables and with the addition of cereals. Culinary specialists add rice or millet to the dish, although porridge with semolina is not bad.
It is customary to fill the delicacy with milk, sugar and butter. To improve the gastronomic characteristics of the hostess’s dishes, honey, nuts, prunes, dried apricots and other dried fruits are used.
Pumpkin porridge recipe with rice in milk
Pumpkin porridge with rice boasts low calories, which can not be said for semolina porridge.IngredientsServings: - + 10
- pumpkin 1 kg
- rice 100 g
- milk 400 ml
- butter 100 g
- salt, sugar to taste
- First, peel the pumpkin using a sharp knife. Cut the peeled vegetable into cubes of a square shape and the same size.
- Pour the pieces with a little water. Half a glass is enough. Put the dishes with the pumpkin on the stove, wait for the water to boil and boil for about ten minutes over low heat.
- Add milk to the porridge. From this moment, carefully monitor the porridge, since milk is an insidious product. At this point, add salt and sugar, relying on the taste.
- After boiling milk, send the prepared rice to the container, due to which the porridge texture becomes thick. After boiling, cook for a third of an hour. During this time, rice cereal is cooked.
- After a while, porridge will acquire a beautiful orange hue, and rice will become almost invisible. Send butter to the pan, and using a spoon, crush slices of pumpkin that have not been cooked. It remains to mix everything.
My recipe also contains spices. If you like savory dishes, I suggest adding coriander or cardamom. A wonderful addition will be chopped nuts, pieces of fresh fruit or dried fruit. Which add sweets or spices, you decide.
Cooking pumpkin porridge in a slow cooker
In the slow cooker you can cook a variety of dishes, including cabbage rolls, pilaf, boiled pork. Pumpkin porridge in a slow cooker is prepared elementarily and brings a lot of joy to household members.
Pumpkin has been used in cooking since ancient times. Residents of various countries baked it at the stake, cooked in the oven. According to one recipe, pieces of pumpkin are kept in the oven for about an hour, then sprinkled with sugar and wait another minute. The result is caramel-coated "sweets" with filling.Ingredients:
- Pumpkin - 400 g
- Rice - 50 g.
- Milk - 2 cups.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Butter - 30 g.
- Sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon.
- Wash the pumpkin, cut the peel, remove the seeds and cut into large cubes. Then send into the thicket of the crock-pot and fill it with water.
- After activating the baking mode, cook for 20 minutes. Then pour rice into the bowl and cook for another ten minutes. After pouring milk into the bowl, wait until it boils, activate the quenching mode and set the timer for an hour.
- After the time has passed, pour the porridge into plates and add a little butter to each serving. If there is no oil, use heavy cream. It remains to season with vanilla and cinnamon, and serve with honey.
This cooking technology helps make a wonderful treat with whole slices of pumpkin. If you like a homogeneous consistency, before adding rice, mash the pumpkin with a wooden spoon.
How to cook pumpkin porridge with millet
Having familiarized with the recipe described below, you will be convinced that preparation is simple just, but certain knowledge and skills will not hurt. To speed up the cooking process, I pass the pumpkin through a grater. You can cut the vegetable into slices or chop it with a combine. I advise you to season the finished dish with condensed milk, sour cream, cream, nutella or butter.Ingredients:
- Pumpkin Pulp - 350 g.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Milk - 1 cup.
- Millet - 0.5 cups.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Cinnamon, salt, vanillin, butter.
- Sort the cereals, rinse and fill with water. Cut the pulp of pumpkin into slices, pass through a medium grater, put in a saucepan, add water and put on gas.
- When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat and cook on low heat until soft. It usually takes 15 minutes. Next, send millet to the pan, mix and cook until the cereal is ready.
- Once the porridge is thick, add the milk along with sugar, salt, a pinch of vanillin and a little cinnamon. After mixing, hold the porridge on the stove until the desired consistency is obtained.
Remove the finished dish from the stove, arrange on plates and add oil. For this purpose, other gas stations, of which I spoke above, are also suitable. The oil option is considered a classic.
Such pumpkin porridge is tasty, healthy and satisfying. The ingredients provided for in the recipe are rich in minerals and useful substances, and their mixture makes the dish an ideal option for breakfast.
Interesting facts about pumpkin and porridge from it
In conclusion, I add that pumpkin is a vegetable that has long been grown and used in cooking in Russia. Various dishes are prepared from it, including pies, casseroles and cereals.
To date, there are a large number of recipes, and the top leadership belongs to porridge in milk with the addition of cereals. It is served hot along with butter. The perfect combination of milk, cereals and pumpkins provides the body with a large number of useful elements.
There is no fat in pumpkin porridge, but many vitamins are present. This is the healing and nutritional benefits. The dish should be included in the diet of a person who seeks to lose weight. Porridge is recommended for use in diseases of the endocrine system, liver and heart.
Cooked with millet porridge is more useful, because cereal has excellent dietary qualities. Millet cleanses blood vessels, normalizes cholesterol and reduces the production of subcutaneous fat. After eating a portion of pumpkin porridge, satisfy your hunger, saturate your body with vitamins, enjoy the taste and burn a couple of hundred grams of weight.
The masterpiece also has contraindications. Pumpkin porridge is not recommended for people who suffer from diabetes, low acidity or pancreatic ailments. It is better to bypass the persons in whom the vegetable causes allergies.