Baked goose in the oven - recipes with applesauce, in beer, in the sleeve
Goose baked in the oven is a delicious dish that is not at all difficult to cook. Undoubtedly, your guests will appreciate it, because properly cooked goose meat is juicy and tender. You will learn how to cook goose in the oven in various ways from my article.
4 most delicious goose cooking recipes in the oven
Goose with applesauce
I will tell you how to cook goose with applesauce. This recipe was told to me by a friend from Sweden. The dish offers the perfect combination of aromatic meat, fried potatoes and applesauce. I liked it. I hope you enjoy it too.IngredientsServings: - + 6
- goose carcass 1 pc
- potatoes 2 kg
- apples 6 pcs
- onions 3 pcs
- lemon ½ pcs
- wine sherry 250 ml
- olive oil 3 tbsp. l
- redcurrant jam 2 tbsp. l
- pink pepper 10 grains
- mustard 1 tsp
- mustard powder 1 tsp.
- sea salt ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 220 degrees.
- I wash the goose carcass well and remove the pieces of fat. Using a sharp object, I make small holes all over the carcass.
- I rub sea salt in a small mortar and rub meat with it. So that the legs and wings do not burn, I wrap them in foil.
- I put the goose in a pan and send it into the preheated oven. After a third of an hour, drain the excess fat, turn the carcass over and remove the foil. At the same time, I reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and bake the meat for 2 hours.
- I clean the potatoes and boil until half ready.
- I spread the potatoes in a meat pan, pour over the fat, cover the goose with foil and send it to the oven with potatoes for 20 minutes.
- I clean and cut apples and lemon into small slices.
- I pour a little water into the pan, add fruit and sugar, and stew on a small fire for about half an hour. After that, let the resulting mass cool down and mash it using a blender.
- I clean the onion and cut into thick half rings. Fry in olive oil until golden.
- Add wine, jam, pepper and mustard powder, pour 0.75 liters of water and cook for a quarter hour. Then add the mustard.
- The resulting sauce is poured into a pan where the meat was baked, and sent to the oven for 10 minutes. After this, pour into a container for sauce.
I pour the meat with spicy sauce and serve it with apple puree and baked potatoes. Although, the goose baked according to this recipe goes well with buckwheat.
Beer Baked Goose
For the preparation of a beer goose, special culinary skill is not required. In other words, the dish is very easy to prepare. Pieces of meat first marina, then bake in beer. The result is a soft and tender dish.Ingredients:
- goose carcass - 1 piece
- beer - 1 l
- mayonnaise - 200 ml
- garlic - 3 cloves
- salt pepper.
- I crush or finely chop the garlic and mix with mayonnaise. I cut the carcass into pieces. Each piece of salt, pepper and coat with garlic mayonnaise. I put the meat in the goose bowl and send it to pickle in a cold place for 10 hours.
- After that I take the meat out of the refrigerator and leave it for a certain time so that it warms up to room temperature. Meanwhile, I preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- I fill the goose with beer, close the gooseneck with a lid and put it in the oven for 2.5 hours. Since the level of beer decreases during baking, I constantly add it.
- I note that the meat is baked itself. Only occasionally I look into the goose bowl to control the cooking process. I check the degree of readiness with a knife or fork.
I put the finished goose on a dish and decorate it with greens. Garnish with potatoes. I’ll add that only pork can compete with this dish in taste and aroma.
Goose roast recipe
The goose roast has a divine taste. The meat is juicy and soft.Ingredients:
- goose - 700 g
- potatoes - 1 kg
- carrots - 2 pieces
- bow - 2 heads
- broth - 1 l
- bay leaf, pepper mixture,
- basil, dill, parsley
- I thoroughly fry the poultry carcass in oil. I often use goose fat as an alternative.
- I cut the carrots into small pieces, and the onion into half rings. I put black pepper, bay leaf and vegetables at the bottom of the goose mackerel.
- I spread well-fried meat on top. Pour one glass of broth and send to the oven for an hour, after covering it with a lid. The optimum temperature is 180 degrees.
- I cut the potatoes into slices, spread them on top of the meat, pour the broth. Sprinkle with seasonings and send to the oven for 80 minutes. 20 minutes before the end, I slightly reduce the temperature.
I spread the potatoes on a plate, add vegetables and sprinkle with herbs. I spread pieces of meat on top. To the roast I serve pickled mushrooms, fried oyster mushrooms or pickles.
Cooking a goose in a sleeve
As you know, there are many ways to cook a goose. I’ll tell you how to cook a goose up its sleeve. With the help of the recipe you can please your relatives with a wonderful treat.Ingredients:
- goose - one carcass
- garlic - 6 cloves
- pepper, salt
- goose fat
- I wash my carcass carefully and remove the fluffs. I squeeze the juice from the lemon and pour plenty of meat on it, after which I leave it in this state for a quarter of an hour.
- Next, I rub the carcass with salt and leave for an hour. Meanwhile, I rub the garlic, add pepper and rub the goose with the resulting mass.
- I clean the vegetables. Chives, chopped potatoes into small cubes, carrots - cubes. I grind goose fat and pour it to vegetables. Add salt, seasoning, a mixture of pepper and garlic, which remains.
- I mix everything well and stuff the goose carcass. I slaughter the abdomen of a carcass with a toothpick and put everything in a sleeve. Then I send it to the pan and put it in the oven for 2.5 hours.
After this time I take the goose out of the oven, put it on a plate, spread the vegetables around the carcass that were stewed in the abdomen. I am sure that this culinary masterpiece will not leave you indifferent.
Video goose Christmas recipe from Emma's Grandma
My article has come to an end. In it I told 4 of the most popular goose oven recipes. As you can see, there are a lot of options. Some are simple, and some require exotic ingredients. And which recipe did you like the most?