How to cook a duck so that it is soft and juicy
Duck meat is much more difficult to find on the store counter than chicken or pork. Not surprisingly, many housewives do not know how to cook the whole duck in the oven. I will correct the situation by telling 5 recipes for a delicious and juicy duck.
I’ll note right away that I’m going to focus on the intricacies of making duck, as well as a few proven recipes.
Fry duck in berry sauce
My friend shared the recipe for duck in berry sauce.IngredientsServings: - + 6
- duck breast 6 pcs
- cinnamon ½ tsp
- dry spices ½ tsp
- parsley for decoration
- For the sauce
- chicken stock 450 ml
- dry wine 450 ml
- port 450 ml
- onions 3 pcs
- wine vinegar 1 tbsp. l
- icing sugar 50 g
- a mixture of berries (currants, gooseberries, blackberries) 175 g
- cloves 1-2 sticks
- bay leaf 2-3 leaves
- cinnamon ½ tsp
- Fry chopped onion in vegetable oil for 10 minutes. I add icing sugar and fry over high heat until golden brown.
- I pour in the vinegar, let it boil and cook on low heat until the liquid evaporates. I add port wine, wait until the sauce boils for a third, pour red wine and let the sauce boil half.
- Add cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon and broth to the sauce. I bring to a boil, boil for 25 minutes and filter.
- Roast duck breasts in a pan for 10 minutes. Spread on a baking sheet, salt and pepper, sprinkle with cinnamon and spices. I bake a third of the hour. I add the juice that has melted from the duck to the sauce along with the berries.
I cut and lay ready-made breasts on a dish, pour sauce and garnish with parsley. I serve on a table with chopped cabbage, baked with cream and cheese.
Whole soft and juicy duck recipe
Soft and juicy duck in the oven is part of my New Year's menu. This does not mean that you need to cook the dish strictly for the New Year holidays.
My mom told me the recipe.Ingredients:
- duck - 1 kg
- apples - 4 pieces
- honey - a few spoons
- salt, spices
- I take large pieces of fat from the carcass from the neck and abdomen.
- I douse with boiled water. I let the carcass cool and dry it with a paper towel.
- I put foil on the bottom of the baking dish. I rub the carcass with spices and salt. Submit to the form.
- I cut apples into small cubes and stuff the carcass. After a good foil wrap.
- I preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cooking 90 minutes. Periodically I take out a form and pour meat on fat.
- I take out the form from the oven, open the foil, pierce it with a sharp object. If blood does not stand out - the dish is ready.
- It remains to grease with honey and send back to the oven for a few minutes. As soon as the duck is covered with a delicious crust, I take it out and let it cool slightly.
You have probably already seen that there is nothing complicated in cooking. Choose a moment and cook the duck according to my recipe. I assure you, the taste of the dish will strike you on the spot. The same recipe is suitable for preparing a goose.
Duck Recipe with Apples and Grapes
Once I decided to cook a delicious stuffed duck for dinner. After sitting on the Internet for about an hour, I was convinced that there were many ways to cook.
I note that the duck, prepared according to the recipe with apples and grapes, turns out to be soft and juicy.Ingredients:
- duck - 1 carcass
- apples - 2 pieces
- white grapes - 100 g
- pepper, salt, honey
- I rub the duck inside with salt and pepper.
- I cut slices of apple, mix with grapes and stuff the carcass with fruit salad. I cut the second apple into slices, spread it around. I send it to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for half an hour.
- After the specified time, I take it out of the oven and grease the carcass with melted fat. If there is a lot of fat, drain it or change the pan. I grease every 30 minutes with fat. In total, cooking takes 2-3 hours.
- At the end of cooking, grease the bird with honey and return it to the oven for about ten minutes. During this time, the duck is covered with a delicious crust.
As you can see, expensive ingredients are not required to make duck with apples and grapes. Serve with buckwheat. Bon Appetit!
Cooking duck in orange sauce
I will tell you a duck recipe in orange sauce, which a friend from Italy told me. The game cooked according to this recipe is tender and juicy.
It will take a long time to cook. However, it's worth it.Ingredients:
- duck - 1 carcass
- lemon - 1 pc.
- orange - 2 pcs.
- cognac - 50 ml
- white wine - 150 ml
- butter and vegetable oil - 30 grams each
- flour - 50 g
- salt pepper
- apple - 1 pc.
- potatoes - 3 pcs.
- vegetable oil, bay leaf, pepper, salt, zest
- I process and duck the gut. I connect the legs and wings. Inside and outside I rub with pepper and salt.
- I put a little butter in a frying pan, add vegetable oil, and fry on the resulting mixture until a delicious crust appears.
- I pour a glass of cognac on the duck. I turn the carcass several times so that it absorbs the aroma of the drink. Over a large fire, let the alcohol evaporate.
- I add wine and cover the dishes, and reduce the fire to a minimum. The carcass is about 40 minutes, periodically turning over.
- Meanwhile, I clean the zest from lemon and orange. I cut one orange into slices, squeeze the juice from the second and add it to the dish with the duck.
- Boil the resulting zest in salted boiling water for 5 minutes, then throw it into a colander. I cut into strips. I leave part of the zest for garnish.
- When the dish is almost ready, I turn it over onto my back and spread the slices of orange on top.
- Add julienne made from zest to the sauce. Carcass a quarter of an hour under the lid.
- I remove the duck from the dishes in which it was prepared, and spread it on the dish. Add starch to the sauce and stir until thickened.
It remains only to prepare a side dish.
- I peel, chop and boil the potatoes almost until ready in salted water with rosemary and bay leaf. I drain the water.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in oil.
- Add chopped apple and potatoes to the pan, mix and lightly fry.
- Pepper and add julienne. Mix and let it brew.
How to cook smoked duck
Smoked duck meat is added to sandwiches and even New Year's salads. Moreover, smoked game under normal conditions is stored for a long time.Ingredients:
- duck - 1 carcass
- liquid smoke
- salt, sugar, pepper, bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon
- oven and smokehouse
- For smoking I take a lean duck. I process the carcass, remove fluff and feathers, singe hemp.
- I’ll gut my duck too. I rinse from all sides, dry with a napkin and rub with salt. I put the carcass in a deep pan and leave it in a cold room for a day.
- I am preparing a marinade. A kilogram of duck will require a liter of brine. I add a spoonful of sugar, 10 grams of salt, a little clove and cinnamon, and a little pepper and bay leaf to the water. I bring the marinade to a boil and let it cool.
- I fill the duck and marina with the finished marinade for three days in a cool room. After I take it out and hang it, so that the stack is brine, and the carcass is dry.
- Melt the smokehouse. For smoking I use wood species without resin.
- I’m smoking 12 hours. Initially, I set the temperature high, and after a while I pour a lot of sawdust and moisturize them.
- When the period of smoking has expired, I check for readiness by piercing with a sharp object. If there is a mother of grass, I continue smoking.
- If there is no smokehouse, you can use liquid smoke. In this case, you need a duck, seasonings and an oven.
- I process the carcass and marina as described above. I am preparing a solution of liquid smoke. I lower the carcass into it and hold it for about an hour. After baking the meat in the oven until cooked.
The neighbor told me the recipe for smoking. Now you know about him. It is noteworthy that you can cook a duck in this way even in a city apartment. Give it a try.
Finally, I add that the duck differs from chicken more fat meat. Therefore, they prepare it according to other recipes, and the removal of the fat layer is the main point in the preparation of the carcass.
You can remove excess fat in various ways. Some keep the duck steamed, due to which the fat melts and drains. During cooking, I pierce greasy places with a sharp knife. As a result, fat escapes through these openings.Video tips
Now you know 5 recipes for making soft, juicy and delicious duck. Moreover, you have learned how to make the carcass less oily. I hope my recipes and tips will be useful. See you soon!