How to bake dorado in the oven
Dorado fish or Redfin lives in subtropical and tropical waters. The main distribution area is the East Atlantic, the Mediterranean Sea. In cooking, copies from 500 to 700 grams are used. Although in nature there are giant fish. In the wild habitat, the dorado has a catchy color, shimmers with green, blue, gold, red. The biting fish turns gray.
There is an opinion that the smaller the carcass size, the tastier it is after cooking. Connoisseurs appreciate the dorado for its excellent taste. According to culinary preferences, it can be competed in low-fat species by sea bass and red mullet. The popularity of crucian carp is so great that this species is grown specifically for further consumption.
Sea crucian meat contains many useful substances:
- vitamins E, D, group B;
- essential amino acids.
Dorado is suitable for dietary nutrition, has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the heart, increases the elasticity of blood vessels, lowers cholesterol, improves memory, and slows down the aging process.
It is cooked whole in carcass, slices, baked in the oven, fried in a pan, grilled. There are many recipes, from the simplest to the exotic, but I will consider the best cooking options at home.
To bake a golden spar in the oven, prepare a carcass:
- We clean from scales, cut off the fins, remove the insides, wash, dry.
- We select the ingredients indicated in the recipe.
- Cut the foil or baking paper to size.
- Auxiliary tools: knives, including for cleaning fish, cooking scissors, cutting board, grease brush, kitchen tack.
- After preparation, turn on the oven to warm up to 200-220 degrees.
Step-by-step cooking plan
- Before cleaning, rinse the dorado with running water.
- We cut the fins. Remove the scales from one side, then from the other with a special knife. If not, use a vegetable grater. To facilitate the removal of flakes, the carcass can be scalded with boiling water.
- We clean the abdomen and back. We draw a finger against the growth of the scales, if it remains, we clean it.
- Dorado giblets. We cut the abdomen from head to tail, remove the offal, trying not to damage the gallbladder.
- Wash the gutted carcass. We remove the gills and inner films, blood vessels along the ridge. We don’t cut off the head and tail to make the finished dish look more attractive.
- Rinse again under running water and dry with paper towels.
- We finish the preparation with a longitudinal incision of a dorado for uniform baking.
- Rub the carcass with salt from the outside and inside the abdomen.
- Spray abundantly with lemon juice to give a special taste and aroma. You can rub with spices, it all depends on preferences.
- We wash and cut vegetables: tomatoes, onions, potatoes, celery, zucchini and more.
- We put foil or baking paper on a baking sheet, grease it with olive oil.
- We form a pillow of vegetables, on top we place a dorado with slices of lemon (slices are seasoned in the abdomen, cuts). You can sprinkle the carcass with olive oil.
- We send the pan to the oven, set the temperature from 170 to 190 degrees.
- Bake from 25 to 40 minutes, depending on the size and type of oven. You can leave the fish open or cover with a second piece of foil. In the latter case, after 20 or 5 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the foil and send the pan to the oven, so that for the remaining time the dorado is covered with a delicious, crispy crust.
Low calorie baked crucian carp attracts lovers of diet food. At 100 grams, it is only 96 kcal. Given that low-calorie foods are included in dishes, the benefits to the body and its healing are undeniable.
Classic dorado recipe in the oven
- Dorado - 2 pcs.;
- onions - 2 pcs.;
- Cherry tomatoes - 20 pcs., or tomatoes - 3 pcs.;
- garlic cloves - 2 pcs.;
- lemon - 1 pc.;
- dill - 1 bunch;
- Provencal herbs - to taste;
- olive oil - 70 ml;
- sea salt - to taste;
- ground pepper and peas to taste.
- Prepare the fish. We clear of scales, we remove entrails, gills. We rinse. We make some incisions obliquely on the sides.
- With salt and a mixture of spices we rub the dorado outside and inside. Leave for 20 minutes for pickling.
- At this time, fry the onions until half cooked in a pan with butter.
- On a baking sheet, greased with butter, put the sliced tomatoes (salted, pepper), fried onions. We put a dorado on top.
- Finely chop the garlic and sprinkle it with the carcass.
- Lemon slices, bay leaf lay in incisions and inside.
- We put slices of tomatoes on top of a golden spar, pour with olive oil.
- We send in the oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for half an hour.
- We make sure that the fish does not burn out (you can cover it for the duration of baking with foil).
- Serve the finished dish with lemon, dill and white wine.
Dorado in foil with potatoesIngredients:
- fish - one carcass;
- onions - 1 pc.;
- potatoes - 2 pcs.;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- lemon - 1 pc.;
- olive oil;
- white wine - 1 glass;
- salt to taste;
- parsley to taste.
- Lay a piece of foil on a baking sheet.
- We prepare potatoes and onions. Cut into circles, fry in a pan in butter until half cooked. We lay out evenly on a baking sheet.
- We prepare crucian carp. Put the carcass on a layer of potatoes with onions.
- Finely chop the garlic and parsley, sprinkle with fish. Pour a glass of white wine.
Close the envelope of foil.
- We send the baking sheet to the heated oven. We set the temperature to 180 degrees, bake for 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before readiness, open the foil and give the opportunity to dorado covered with a golden brown.
A delicious recipe for stuffed doradoIngredients:
- peeled shrimp - 40 g;
- canned mussels - 40 g;
- cheese "Edam" - 40 g;
- scallops (canned food) - 30 g;
- cream - 20 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- olive oil - 40 ml;
- Cooking minced seafood. Add olive oil, cream. Mix thoroughly.
- Grate the cheese, crush the garlic, chop the dill, send them to the minced seafood.
- We lay the finished mixture inside the carcass. It is advisable to fix the edges of the abdomen with toothpicks.
- Rub on top with a mixture of lemon, pepper, salt.
- Add a little olive oil to the baking sheet. We bake stuffed fish for 30 minutes at 220 degrees.
- Redfin is always served with dry white wine.
- Cooking times are best minimized. This will preserve the beneficial properties, juiciness and aroma of the product.
- To serve young children, the meat must be cleaned of small bones.
- Dorado is in harmony with various side dishes of vegetables, seafood, cereals (rice, chickpeas, lentils, etc.), pasta.
Dorado fish, aurata, golden spar, crucian carp (names of one species) are deservedly successful with gourmets and people leading a healthy lifestyle. This is a storehouse of useful micro and macro elements. In terms of iodine content, the species is even ahead of mackerel.