How to cook shurpa at home
The guest of the article will be a wonderful soup, originally from Uzbekistan. Shurpa is a favorite dish of the inhabitants of the Central Asian region. Even the well-known pilaf is inferior to this culinary masterpiece in terms of practicality and popularity.
I believe that Shurpa is a landmark dish, a kind of culinary "transformer". If you change the ingredients, you get a relaxing, stimulating, healing or restoring treat. For cooking, use fresh mutton or other types of meat on the bone.
In the list of main ingredients are various vegetables. It is impossible to imagine this soup without a lot of onions. Culinary experts from the East put as much onion in a stew as meat.
There are two ways to make real Uzbek mutton shurpa.
- The first involves cooking meat and vegetables without prior heat treatment. Uzbek geniuses of cuisine are cooked on it.
- The second comes down to roasting chopped vegetables along with meat. This soup is more saturated.
Spices and spices are an obligatory element: laurel, turmeric, dill, ground pepper, cilantro.
Novice cooks consider Shurpa meat stew. In my opinion, it is more reminiscent of meat stew, due to its thick consistency. For one serving, no more than a glass of broth.
Consider the four most popular recipes for making shurpa at home.
The classic recipe is made from fat mutton. If only dietary pieces of meat are available, you have to fry the vegetables in a decent amount of oil. Thanks to the right culinary manipulations, even a novice chef will cook this hearty, rich, tasty and aromatic treat.IngredientsServings: - + 10
- water 2 l
- lamb on the bone 800 g
- onion 1 pc
- bell pepper 1 pc
- carrots 1 pc
- tomato 3 pcs
- potatoes 5 pcs
- parsley 1 bunch
- olive oil 20 ml
- basil 10 g
- ground black pepper 10 g
- salt to taste
- Wash the lamb, put in a pan, pour water, put on the stove. After boiling the broth, remove the noise. Cover the dishes with a lid and cook over moderate heat for at least 90 minutes. Carefully remove the cooked meat from the pan, separate from the bones, chop and put back.
- Fry chopped onions in a pan until golden. Cut pepper and tomatoes into massive slices, and carrots into thin rings. I recommend chopping peeled potatoes into cubes.
- Send pepper and tomato to the broth, and ten minutes later, fried onions with carrot slices and potato cubes. Twenty minutes later, salt, add chopped parsley, basil and a little pepper. Turn off the heat and let it brew a little.
If the meat remains, try making the second lamb in the oven. As a result, an ordinary meal will turn into a kind of visit to an oriental restaurant.
Uzbek mutton shurpa
Not every person likes lamb. Many refuse dishes prepared on its basis. An exception would be exceptionally shurpa in Uzbek. Even the most demanding eater will not give up a serving of this oriental soup.Ingredients:
- Lamb - 700 g
- Onion - 2 heads.
- Chickpea - 400 g
- Carrot - 4 pcs.
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 4 cloves.
- Laurel - 3 leaves.
- Zira, coriander, salt, favorite spices.
- Cut fat from lamb, peel and wash vegetables. Soak the chickpeas for two hours. Pour the meat with water and cut into fairly large pieces.
- Put the prepared mutton in a pan, add water and add one onion. Cook over low heat, periodically removing noise. After 40 minutes, send the chickpeas to the broth and continue cooking for 60 minutes.
- While the meat is being cooked, put the fat cut from the mutton into a heated frying pan. Add a little vegetable oil and fry the onion chopped in half rings.
- Put peeled and chopped tomatoes in a pan. Stew with onions for a few minutes. Add garlic passed through a medium grater here.
- 40 minutes before the end of cooking, put a dressing in a pan with chopped carrots, spices, laurel and salt. Ready soup should be infused for 10-20 minutes.
To make the family dinner complete, you can serve oriental rice or some chicken dish for the second.Video recipe for real shurpa from Stalik Khankishiyev
Original pork recipe
If you want to cook pork shurpa, I advise you to use meat on the bone, since in this case the broth is more rich. Cooking is best in a cauldron or pan with a thick bottom.Ingredients:
- Pork - 500 g.
- Potato - 4 pcs.
- Onion - 1 head.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Laurel, spices, salt, parsley.
- Wash pork on the bone, place in a cauldron, pour water. Cook until cooked on low heat. This usually takes no more than 45 minutes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large cubes. Large potato slices are another distinguishing feature of genuine oriental shurpa.
- Send the potato to the cauldron to the pork, salt and cook a third of the hour.
- Peel the onion and carrot, rinse with water and send to the broth with prepared potatoes. At this moment, throw a few leaves of laurel, thanks to which it will acquire a piquant taste.
- At the very end, put a few whole sprigs of parsley, your favorite spices and adjust the taste for salt. After five minutes, the fire can be turned off, and parsley branches get and discard.
How to cook beef shurpa
Want to get to know Oriental cuisine? Would you like something spicy, rich, tasty and satisfying? Beef shurpa is perfect.Ingredients:
- Beef - 1 kg.
- Potato - 600 g.
- Beam - 1 head.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Sweet pepper - 1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 3 tablespoons.
- Laurel - 2 leaves.
- Vegetable oil, zira, salt, ground pepper.
- Cut the washed beef into large pieces, and peeled potatoes into cubes. I advise chopping onions with quarters of rings, pepper and medium-sized carrots with slices.
- Fry pepper, onion, carrots in a preheated frying pan with oil for 5 minutes. To the vegetables add prepared beef, and after 5-7 minutes, tomato paste. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to the pan and add water so that it is 5 centimeters higher than thick. Put on the stove and bring to a boil.
- In the soup, put potatoes with pepper, zira, laurel and salt. Reduce the heat slightly, cover with a lid and cook the shurpa for about an hour. I recommend serving the finished delicacy with fragrant croutons or ordinary brown bread.
In this recipe, all the ingredients are initially subjected to heat treatment, and only then oriental soup is prepared from them. This is what I mentioned at the beginning of the article.
I recommend making shurpa at the stake during the next outing. It will be a worthy replacement for the ear and a great addition to the kebab. A meal in fresh air will fill the body with energy and will be remembered for a long time.