The most popular mussel recipes
Decades ago, mussels rarely hit the table of the average family, as they were considered a delicacy. Today, this seafood is available to many. Bivalves are found in almost all corners of the oceans. Some countries have set up special mussel farms. In the article I will consider the best recipes for the preparation of this valuable representative of marine fauna.
Mussels - sea bivalves, which are sold in a specialized fish store or supermarket. Usually on the package there is information about their preparation. Correctly selected mollusks should be with the shutters closed, a small click is permissible, which closes if you knock on it. The carapace must shine, be smooth, without damage.ON A NOTE! Fresh product smells of the sea, and the missing one exudes a rotten smell.
First, the seafood is washed with a stiff brush, removing debris. After the antennae are removed. To remove sand in the sink itself, it is lowered into a container of salt water for about an hour. If you want to add mussels to another dish, free them from the leaves, rinse with warm water, then use according to the recipe.
The calorie content of mussels
Shellfish dishes are good for your health. They include: protein, phosphatides, unsaturated, fatty acids, other important trace elements that can strengthen the immune system, cleanse the body of harmful substances, normalize the composition of the blood. And skin, hair and nails help maintain a healthy appearance.
Table. The nutritional value of shellfish (100 grams)
|Mollusks||Calories, kcal||Proteins, g||Fats, g||Carbohydrates, g|
Mussels are a low-calorie product indispensable for maintaining a slim figure.
The best recipes for frozen mussels
There are many recipes for dishes with mussels. Pilaf, soups are prepared from their meat, baked with cheese, fried with onions, marinated in white wine, seasoned with garlic sauce. Seafood is added to salads, stews, soups, pilaf. It is also served as a separate snack.
How to cook
You can cook in sinks and without them.Ingredients:
- mussels - 1 kg;
- water - 1 liter;
- salt to taste;
- seasoning to taste.
- Pour cold water into the pan, put it on a strong fire.
- When the water boils, dip the mussels and any seasoning to choose from.
- Add salt.
Table. Cooking time
|Mussels||Peeled boiled ice cream||Fresh in shell||Shell Frozen|
|Cooking time after boiling water||2-3 min||4-5 min||6-7 min|
Boiled clams are served in sinks if this is a separate dish. Sprinkle them with lemon juice, add sauce, herbs, beer or wine.
How to bake
The festive table will be decorated with baked mussels. You can bake clam meat, half shells or the whole.Ingredients:
- mussels - 1 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- olive oil - 80 g;
- lemon - half;
- salt pepper;
- Lavrushka - 1 leaf;
- a mixture of herbal seasonings.
- Soak the product in cold water.
- Boil the water separately and dip in it lavrushka, pepper, mussels. Wait a minute after the second boil and turn off the stove.
- Remove the mussels from the pan.
- Grind garlic, pour citrus juice, add oil, a mix of aromatic herbs.
- Open the mussel leaves with a knife blade and pour the fillet over the cooked sauce.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 7 minutes (temperature - up to 180 ° C).
The baked exotic dish is ready.
How to fry
Having prepared the product in one of the two ways below, you will enjoy its piquant taste.Ingredients:
- clams cleaned from shell - 250 g;
- onions - 1 pc.;
- green onions - 3 feathers;
- butter - 60 g;
- parsley - several branches;
- cardamom - 2 pcs.;
- pepper, salt.
- Remove the contents from the leaves, wash in running water, salt, sprinkle with pepper.
- Chop onion, add cardamom.
- In a preheated pan, put a piece of butter, mussels, chopped onions.
- Fry all 4 minutes.
- Garnish the finished dish with finely chopped herbs.
How to stew
- mussels - 170 g;
- green onion - 3 feathers;
- garlic - half the middle head;
- parsley - 4 branches;
- olive oil - 35 g;
- salt, lemon juice, pepper (ground) - to taste.
- Dip thawed clams in boiling water. Cook for no more than 4 minutes, then put in a sieve to water glass.
- Heat oil in a pan, pour boiled mussels onto it. Add aromatic spices and chopped garlic. Stir continuously, simmer for about a couple of minutes. The fire should be medium. Close the pan with a lid, turn down the heat.
- After 3 minutes, turn off the stove.
- Pour the prepared dish with lemon juice and sprinkle with finely chopped greens.
How and what to cook with pickled mussels in oil
Mussels are marinated simply. In this form, they are suitable for the preparation of soups, pastas, salads, snacks.
How to marinate mussels in oilIngredients:
- mussels - 330 g;
- water - 20 ml;
- table vinegar - 10 ml;
- salt - 5 g;
- sugar - 35-40 g;
- bay leaf - 1 pc.;
- black pepper - 4 peas;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml.
- Pickling. Pour the thawed clams with boiling water. Leave for a quarter of an hour, then drain the water.
- Make the marinade. Throw laurel, pepper, sugar, salt into boiled water. Boil it all a minute.
When remove from heat - introduce vinegar.
- Pour the resulting marinade into the mussels previously folded in a glass jar.
- Add vegetable oil, close the container with a lid.
- Serve the cooled seafood as a separate snack, or use to add to other dishes.
Healthy salad with cucumbers and egg
- mussels - 280 g;
- cucumbers - 2 pcs.;
- egg - 2 pcs.;
- green onions - 4 feathers;
- mayonnaise - 50 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- fresh dill - to taste;
- ground black pepper to taste.
- Rinse vegetables thoroughly.
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Boil clean mussels in salted water, not more than 3 minutes.
- Then transfer all the ingredients to a salad bowl, season with mayonnaise and mix.
It will turn out a light and juicy dish.
Light pasta with tomatoes
Macaroni (pasta) will acquire an exquisite taste if seasoned with a sauce made from pickled mollusks and ripe tomatoes.Ingredients:
- pickled mussels - 0.5 kg;
- finely chopped tomatoes - 380-420 g;
- pasta (short tubes) - 0.3 kg;
- olive oil - 50 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- salt, fresh parsley, ground black pepper - all to taste.
- Boil pasta in slightly salted water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Put chopped garlic, chopped herbs on it. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Salt, pepper, then add the tomatoes.
- After 8 minutes, enter the clams. All mix.
French seafood soup with seafoodIngredients:
- mussels - 280-320 g;
- red fish (tail, head) - 0.5 kg;
- squid, shrimp - 180-220 grams;
- celery (root) - 180-220 grams;
- onion - 1 head;
- carrot - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - for frying;
- paprika (seasoning), sea salt - to taste.
- Cut the fish, carrots, celery and cook.
- Make a dressing. Pour oil into a preheated skillet, then fry the onions in it (about 6 minutes).
- Add paprika, mix well. Fry another one and a half minutes.
- Send the dressing to the broth. After 25 minutes, add the shrimp, after another 5 - squid.
- After 3 minutes, dip the pickled mussels into the pan and turn off the stove. Mix everything. Delicious sea soup is ready.
How to cook mussels in a slow cooker
Sea mollusks cooked in a slow cooker have a very juicy taste. Below is one of the simple recipes.Ingredients:
- mollusks - 1 kg;
- onion - 1 head;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- vegetable oil - 35 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- After removing the shell, wash the clams, then put it to dry on a clean cotton cloth.
- Cut the peeled onions in half rings, chop the garlic.
- Pour oil into the bowl. Put the slow cooker in the "Baking" mode.
- Add garlic and onion to the bowl. Passerow no more than 3 minutes.
- Send mussels to the vegetables. Salt everything, season with pepper.
- Fry the ingredients for 16-18 minutes, stirring continuously, until all the liquid has evaporated. Garnish the finished delicacy with fresh herbs.
Below I will give recommendations and tips that will help to properly prepare mussels at home.
- Boiled seafood is very tender with a slightly sweet taste, so do not abuse spices, otherwise the seasoning will drown out the natural aroma.
- At the end of cooking, remove the seafood from the water, otherwise it will be respected and will look like rubber.
- If you cook the mussels for a long time, they will become dry and stiff.
Mussels can be considered the most valuable gift of the sea. They were loved by both seafood lovers and those who are ready to pamper relatives and friends with a delicious delicacy with the enchanting aroma of the sea. However, to preserve the individual qualities of the finished dishes, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the above recommendations. Bon Appetit!