How to cook condensed milk at home
Many people like condensed milk and it is no coincidence, it is tasty and inexpensive. However, many manufacturers add preservatives and non-natural ingredients to it, which can be easily avoided when cooking at home.
The home cooking procedure is not much different from the factory. Milk with sugar is boiled at a low temperature, taking into account the following features:
- Use of milk with a fat content of at least 3%.
- Cook better in a pan with a thick bottom.
- The product thickens after cooling, so it is important not to digest it.
The list of components:
- granulated sugar - 250 grams;
- water - 50 ml;
- milk - ½ liter.
The algorithm for obtaining condensed milk:
- Make sugar syrup. To do this, pour water into the pan, and then add sugar.
- Gradually pour milk into the resulting syrup.
- Put on gas and after boiling simmer for 2 or 3 hours.
Calorie home condensed milk
Condensed milk has a high carbohydrate content in milk fat and protein. Calorie content is 320 kcal per 100 grams, as well as:
- protein - 7.2 grams;
- fat - 8.5 grams;
- carbohydrates - 56 grams.
The fat content varies from 4-15%.
The classic recipe for homemade condensed milk
- 0.5 kg of sugar;
- 1 liter of milk.
- Dissolve sugar by stirring in milk, put on a small fire and cook for about 3 hours.
- Control the process until the milk begins to thicken, that is, a drop should not spread.
Original and unusual recipes
All recipes based on sugar and milk require additional use of other ingredients that add a unique and alluring aroma.
Condensed milk powderIngredients:
- 300 grams of milk powder;
- 350 grams of sugar;
- 300 ml of whole milk.
- In a small container, mix all the components and put in a large pot with boiling water. The fire should be weak, and you need to cook constantly stirring.
- One hour of cooking is enough to get your favorite treat.
Goat condensed milk
- granulated sugar - 2 glasses;
- goat milk - 1 liter;
- some soda.
- Fresh milk is best, and to prevent it from clotting, soda is added to it.
- Cook with sugar until the mixture turns golden.
- Pour into jars and sterilize under metal lids.
Made of cream
- one liter of cream;
- 600 grams of milk powder;
- 1.2 kilograms of sugar;
- some vanillin.
- Dissolve sugar in water and heat until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Pour cream into a small pan, then add milk powder.
- Put in a steam bath and cook for about an hour.
- Do not forget to periodically mix the mixture until thickened.
Slow Cooking RecipeIngredients:
- 200 ml of milk;
- 200 grams of granulated sugar;
- 200 grams of milk powder.
- In the container from the multicooker, mix all the components and set the "porridge cooking" mode.
- Do not close the lid.
How to make boiled condensed milk
There are several ways to cook condensed milk:
- One of them is quite simple - buy a jar and cook without opening it.
- In the oven in a water bath.
- In the microwave.
Each method is simple, so even a beginner can cope.
In an iron can in water
- Place a can of condensed milk in a pan and pour water, while the water level should be higher than the can.
- Boil for about 3 hours over low heat. Remember to maintain the water level in the pan.
- After condemning, pouring cool water.
In the microwave
- Pour the condensed milk into a large glass container. Next put in the oven.
- Set the voltage to 600 W for a couple of minutes, then mix.
- Then again for two minutes at the same power to withstand in the oven. So repeat three times until the milk thickens.
- Throughout the time to control the process.
How and where to store homemade condensed milk
Keep condensed milk made for future use in a cool place, for example, in the refrigerator, but not in the freezer. Ideal and environmentally friendly containers - glass jars, rolled up with tin or special plastic lids.
The benefits and harms of condensed milk
- Easy to digest, high nutritional value.
- A lot of calories, while biologically active substances are not lost.
- Helps build muscle tissue, regenerate bone tissue.
- Normalizes blood formation processes.
- Stimulates mental activity.
- Protects the immune system.
- It has a tonic property, helps to produce hormones of joy.
- You can not abuse it, otherwise it may appear overweight.
- Perhaps the development of diabetes, caries and obesity.
Despite contraindications, it is possible to eat condensed milk in small quantities, it will certainly improve the mood.
To prepare a nutritious and valuable product, it is recommended:
- Use only fresh and preferably whole milk.
- Take a pot with a thick bottom.
- Add soda to the tip of the knife.
- Beat with a whisk.
- To thicken, put in the refrigerator for a while.
What a pleasant and alluring aroma from freshly made condensed milk! Bon Appetit!