Pollock under the carrot and onion marinade - step by step and video recipes
Pollock with marinated carrots and onions is a simple and tasty domestic dish, familiar from the Soviet period. Cooking a folk snack is a simple business, takes a minimum of time, does not require a large number of ingredients.
The dish will be a great addition to the main dishes on the festive table. Pollock under the marinade is successfully served in a warm and chilled form, combined with boiled potatoes and rice, other side dishes seasoned with fresh herbs.
How many calories
Pollock is a low-fat fish (0.9 grams of fat in 100 grams of fish). 100 grams of boiled pollock contains 79 kilocalories and about 17 grams of protein. Calorie content increases if you use a large amount of vegetable oil. Fish seasoned with spicy sauce contains up to 150-180 kcal per 100 g.
A light vegetable dressing of tomatoes, onions and carrots with a minimum amount of sunflower oil, on the contrary, reduces the number of calories to 80-100 kcal per 100 g.
Useful tips before cooking
- When choosing pollock, pay attention to the appearance of the fish. Traces of cuts, dark points and spots on the surface should not be.
- Do not use quick defrosting in microwave ovens to prepare frozen pollock for cooking. This will negatively affect the taste of the snack.
- Fillet of pollock should be a natural white color, without pinkish tones and yellow spots.
- Strong unpleasant odor is a sure sign of improper storage of fish. Do not buy spoiled product!
Pollock with carrot and onion marinade - a classic recipeIngredientsServings: - + 4
- pollock 400 g
- onion 1 pc
- carrots 1 pc
- tomato paste 3 tbsp. l
- wheat flour 100 g
- vinegar 9% 30 ml
- sugar 1 tsp
- vegetable oil 50 ml
- allspice peas 6 grains
- bay leaf 2 leaves
- salt to taste
- cloves to taste
- I remove fins and insides of fish. I rinse with water. Cut into thin slices. Pepper and salt. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Pour wheat flour into a plate. Bone fish pieces in flour.
- I put a frying pan on the stove. I pour oil and warm up. Fry pollock on each side over high heat. I make sure not to get burnt. For the formation of a light golden crust, it is enough to withstand 15-20 seconds. After time, I turn it over.
- I clean the carrots, rub on a coarse grater. I chop the onion and send it to pass, in a few minutes I add the carrots. Carcass, stirring gently and avoiding burning. 8 minutes is enough.
- I pour the tomato paste diluted in water into the passivation. The carcass extra time - 5 minutes. At the end, add salt, put peppers in peas, throw 1 bay leaf, pour vinegar. After adding acetic acid, seasonings, spices (optional), carcass pollock on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the browned fish with hot marinade. I leave the dish alone for 4 hours. If you have not calculated the amount of refueling, add water.
To give a special aroma, I recommend adding spicy cloves to the passivation.
You can eat a tasty snack in a warm and chilled form. Bon Appetit!
Pollock with carrot and onion marinade with wineIngredients:
- Pollock - 800 g,
- Red table wine - 50 ml,
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoons,
- Garlic - 2 cloves,
- Carrots - 2 things,
- Onion - 2 pieces,
- Black pepper - 2 g,
- Salt - 3 g
- Vegetable oil - 30 ml.
- I clean the carrots, rub on a coarse grater. I cut the peeled onions into rings. I warm the pan and throw off the crumbled vegetables. First onions, then carrots. Carcass 5 minutes. Then add the tomato paste. I languish for 3 minutes. Only then pour wine, pepper and salt. I remove the frying from the stove.
- I cut fish, remove fins. I cut pollock in neat thin slices.
- Take a baking dish. Lubricate with oil. I spread the garlic, peeled and chopped through a press, onto the mold with passivation, then with an even layer - pieces of pollock. I put a second layer of vegetables on top. I cover the form with foil. I put in the oven for 40 minutes. The cooking temperature is 180 degrees.
For spice and aroma, sprinkle freshly prepared dish with fragrant herbs (parsley and dill).
Oven mayonnaise recipe
A simple step by step recipe for pollock with vegetable dressing from onions and carrots. Cooking in the oven. The dish will be aromatic with a delicious baked crust of cheese and mayonnaise.Ingredients:
- Fish fillet - 600 g,
- Onions - 4 things,
- Carrots - 3 pieces,
- Cheese - 200 g
- Mayonnaise - 50 g
- Vegetable oil - 1 large spoon,
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 large spoon (can be replaced with half a spoon of vinegar),
- Salt, pepper - to taste.
- Ready fish fillet, I wipe dry with kitchen napkins. Salt and pepper every part of the pollock, add lemon juice. I set the plate aside.
- Engaged in frying. Carrots - in grater, onions - in small pieces. I warm the pan. I pour oil. I throw a little onion, fry until golden brown for 3-4 minutes. Then add carrots. After 5 minutes, turn off the stove.
- I take a baking dish. I put carrot-onion passivation at the bottom (can be drained with oil). Upstairs are flavored pieces of fish.
- I cover pollock with the remaining vegetable mixture on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese, pour with mayonnaise.
- I put in the oven (preheated to 180 degrees) for 30 minutes. Waiting for the completion of cooking.
Pollock in an electric pressure cooker
Pollock cooked in a pressure cooker tastes like homemade canned food in tomato sauce. The vegetables are soft and the fish boiled. Keep this in mind before cooking.Ingredients:
- Pollock fillet - 1 kg,
- Carrots - 400 g
- Onion - 2 things,
- Vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons,
- Black pepper - 7 peas,
- Salt (fine-grained) - 2 teaspoons,
- Bay leaf - 2 things,
- Water - 1 cup,
- Tomato paste - 3 large spoons,
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tablespoon,
- Sugar - half a teaspoon.
- Cut the pollock fillet into slices. The thickness of one particle is 2 cm. Sprinkle with salt, add a special seasoning (optional).
- I clean my carrots and chop them with a grater. I cut onions into thin rings.
- I take out a pressure cooker. I mix tomato paste with water in a bowl. Add salt, 5 grams of sugar, vinegar. I throw the fish into the mixture. I put bay leaf and peppercorns.
- I set the cooking time for 10-12 minutes with a minimum pressure.
- When the program ends, I let the dish brew for about 30 minutes.
I serve on the table, sprinkled with greens.
Pollock with marinated carrot and onion with sour creamIngredients:
- Pollock - 1.5 kg,
- Onion - 4 large heads,
- Carrots - 3 pieces,
- Sour cream (25% fat) - 500 g,
- Lemon juice - half a teaspoon,
- Vegetable oil - 3 large spoons,
- Butter - 50 g
- Fish spices - 5 g,
- Chicken eggs - 2 pieces,
- Flour - 4 large spoons,
- Water - 1 cup,
- Salt, pepper - to taste.
- I get pollock. I leave it to defrost naturally. After thawing, I am engaged in cutting. I cut off my head and tail, remove the fins and the black film from my belly. Delete the insides.
- Wash it in water several times. Cut into pieces. The thickness of the piece is not more than 3 cm.
- I take a deep plate. I put the chopped and cut fish. Sprinkle with salt every bite. Season with special fish spices (optional), pepper. Pour in vegetable oil, add lemon juice. I dip every slice in the marinade. Thoroughly interfere with the fish soaked. Leave alone for 20 minutes.
- While pickled pollock, I am engaged in vegetables and dressing. Shred carrots into thin rings, finely chop the onion. I take sour cream, add room temperature water in a volume of 200 ml, put butter, a little salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pollock in a homemade marinade roll in a batter of 2 eggs and a few tablespoons of flour. Fry over high heat until golden brown.
- I take a large stewpan. I spread the fried pollock, put the onion-carrot layer on top. Pepper and salt. I pour sour cream dressing on top. Carcass over medium heat. When the sour cream sauce begins to boil, lower the temperature and close the lid completely.
After 30 minutes, the wonderful dish is ready. Serve hot.
Cooking pollock according to Dukan
Ducane is a famous nutritionist from France, a supporter of building a system of losing weight on protein foods, the author of a large number of books, including the legendary work "I Can't Lose Weight."Ingredients:
- Pollock - 1 kg,
- Water - 1.5 L
- Tomato paste - 3 tablespoons,
- Fish broth - 2 glasses,
- Onion - 1 little thing,
- 9 percent vinegar - 2 large spoons
- Citric acid - 1/3 of a small spoon
- Bay leaf - 2 things,
- Carrots - 1 piece,
- Carnation - 4 buds,
- Salt, pepper - to taste.
- I defrost the fish. Gently brush, cut fins, remove excess parts. I wash it several times and cut it into pieces.
- Take a deep pan. I pour 1.5 liters of water, throw a lavrushka, pour in a third of a teaspoon of citric acid, add salt. I put on the stove. I immerse pieces of fish in a boiling broth. I cook for 20 minutes.
- I get pollock. Leave the broth. From the boiled fish I carefully take out the bones (large and small). They should be easily detachable.
- I cut onions and chop carrots on a grater. I send a chopped onion to a frying pan with vegetable oil. Fry it. Next I put the carrots. Passing, closing the lid. After 5 minutes, I pour a glass of cooked fish broth. I’m stewing vegetables.
- At the very end I put a tomato paste (the rest of the vegetables should be ready). I am mixing. In a pass pour another glass of fish stock. I season with cloves, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, pepper and salt to taste. For spice and aroma, add a special fish seasoning. Turn off the stove.
- I take a deep glass dish. Pour the marinade to the bottom. I put fish pieces on top. Then sprinkle abundantly with spicy-vegetable sauce.
- I put pollock in the fridge for pickling. Cooking time - 12 hours. I serve the dish cold.
Useful advice. If the marinade turned out to be mild and sour (to your taste), sweeten with sugar, add more spices.
Useful advice. The appetizer can be served hot. Make one change to the recipe. Put the boiled pieces of pollock in a marinade boiling on the stove. Cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Done!
Recipe for onion and carrot marinade with milk
An unusual recipe for cooking with the addition of milk, giving the fish softness and piquancy. The food will be very tender.Ingredients:
- Fish fillet - 1 kg,
- Milk - 400 g
- Carrots - 1 little thing,
- Onions - 2 heads,
- Vegetable oil - 2 large spoons,
- Flour - 120 g
- Black pepper, salt to taste.
- Pre-thawed my filet in running water. Cut into thin slices. Salt and pepper every part. Roll in flour.
- On a heated frying pan with vegetable oil (2 tbsp. L.) I spread the fillet. I set a mild fire. Fry for 4 minutes on each side until a slight blush.
- I put the fried fish at the bottom of the pan.
- Preparing a dressing of carrots and onions. I rub the first vegetable on a coarse grater. I cut the onion into half rings. I put part of the onion on top of the fish, then carrots. Repeat the layers again.
- Pour milk, salt and pepper on top (to taste). I give the marinade to boil. Reduce the fire to a minimum. I cover the pan with a lid. Tomlou 30 minutes before boiling fish.
The benefits and harms of pollock
Unsaturated fatty omega acids are the main benefits of pollock. Omega-6 and Omega-3 have a beneficial effect on cardiovascular activity and metabolic processes in the body. The high content of animal protein, the main "building material" in the foundation of a healthy human body, helps to improve physical activity and mental activity.
Pollock has practically no equal in content of two useful elements - iodine and selenium. The first mineral is necessary for the thyroid to function properly. The second trace element is an effective antioxidant, a reliable protector of arteries from the formation of plaques and a reliable assistant in the proper functioning of the heart.
Pollock with marinated carrots and onions is a delicious appetizer with simple cooking technology. In cooking fish at home, there are several nuances that affect the final result and allow you to diversify the dish. Choose the recipe for your taste preferences, wishes of loved ones and affordable ingredients at hand.